I. Fill in each gap with a suitable verb in the correct form form.
Huong was(1) ……….. from class yesterday because she (2)………… a bad cold. She (3)……………. to (4)………………… in bed all day. Mother (5)…………….. her temperature three times. Huong (6)…………. medicine and (7)………….. some orange juice. Now she (8)………… have to stay at home. She can (9)……………. to school , and she felt a lot (10)……………...
II. Read the following passage and choose A, B, C, or D to fill in the gaps:
James Cook was born in England (1) 1728. His parents (2) poor farm workers. (3) James was 18, he found a job on a coastal ship. He worked (4) ships until he was 27 years old, and then he joined the navy. He fought (5) Canada in a war against France. In 1768 King George III made him the captain of a ship and (6) him to the Pacific. He was away for(7) three years when he (8), he was a national hero.
1. A. in B. at C. on D. during
2. A. are B. be C. were D. was
3. A. while B. when C. because D. during
4. A. in B. on C. for D. under
5. A. at B. in C. to D. against
6. A. got B sent C. send D. sending
7. A. nearly B. near C. most D. mostly
8. A. got B. came C. returned D. arrived
III. Choose the best answer to complete the sentences
1) In his letter to me, Tim tells me .... his life in the USA.
A. all things about
B. all about
C. about all
D. all of
2) Could you tell me ... to get to the police station?
A. what way
B. in what way
C. what direction
3) Hurry! or you will be late .... school.
4) Excuse me, could you ... the way to the railway station, please?
B. A and D
5) Excuse me! Is there a souvenir shop ... here?
6) I phone my parents ....
A. once every week
B. one time a week
C. once a week
D. a time a week
7) I'd like to mail this letter ... my friends in the USA
B. up to
8) Do you have ... for a 50,000 dong note?
B. a change
9) Use these stamps to mail letters ...
B. to overseas
C. over the sea
10)This room is ____ cleaner than that one.
11)The exam was ______ we expected.
A. more easy that
B. easier as
C. easier than
D. more easy than
12)I won’t go to bed ______ I finish my homework.
13)You look happier than ______ yesterday.
A. you do
B. you are
C. you were
D. you did
14)Could you stop ______ so much noise? I’m doing my homework.
B. to make
15)They told me _____ noise in class.
A. don’t make
B. not making
C. not to make
D. never make
16)_______ the day it was very hot, but it was cool at night.
17)I am looking ______ my neighbour’s cat while she’s ______ holiday.
A. after / on
B. for / in
C. at / on
D. into / at
18)When the night - nurse was crossing the room, she saw the old lady ___ to get out of bed.
A. trying B. tries C. to try D. tried
19)Man: Can I talk to Mike, please?
Woman: Sorry. He ______ a bath. Can you call back later?
C. is having
20)Why ______ so tired, John? You aren’t working today.
A. are you looking
B. do you look
C. you look
D. you are looking
IV. Put the verb in the correct tense or form :
1. Bob ___________________ (have/not) much money.
2. I ________________________________ (feel) terrible a couple of days ago.
3. I can’t come right now because I ______________________________ (read).
4. Sometimes, Jean __________________ (do) all of her homework.
5. Steve ____________________________ (begin) a new job in 2 months.
6. We ___________________ (eat) at that new restaurant next week.
7. We (go) fishing ____________________ (catch) a lot of fish last weekend.
8. Last week she (keep) ____________________ (talk) ____________________ about her childhood in the countryside. The end
Liên hệ quảng cáo: Công ty Truyền Thông Số iGO
VPĐD: 14A Sông Đà, F.2, Q.Tân Bình, TP.HCM
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotline : (08) 3547.2743 - (08) 3547.2755
Hotline: 0986.522.287 - Ms Quỳnh Trâm